Even during the opening day of the 2019 Craft Event, people knew it would be super successful. It was actually a whole-year event with different fairs, shows, and garage sales every month and in different neighborhoods. There was an assortment of unique handmade treasures including home décor and other crafts that the community members spent time making. The antique show was something that most people looked forward to yearly, as these were sold at relatively low prices compared to the bigger auctions.
Craft festivals were also held at different months and these festivals showcased a range of beautiful, bizarre, colorful, and transformed stuff from the community members. It was always fun and frenzy. Lastly, garage sales, which were frequently filled with lots of people, including those that are not from the neighborhood. Sellers were free to sell whatever they wanted and were assigned hours of the day to sell so that the stalls would not be crowded.
What To Buy In A Garage Sale
There are many articles online that warn people of the things that they should and should not buy during a garage sale. This is due to the safety issues or perhaps that some old stuff may be more trouble than they are really worth. These things include old cookware, baby items, and electronics. So what things are worth buying in a garage sale? Here are some suggestions.
- Old sewing patterns of dresses, contemporary women, and the like.
- School supplies
- Vintage maps so you can enjoy tracing where you came from
- Classical books, old cookbooks, and history books
- Old picture frames. The picture frames today are usually made from plastic but the classic ones are metal – very durable.
- Old LCDs with the 70s or 60s music that your mom and dad will love listening to.
- Antique décor, like figurines, dinnerware, frames, and vases.
If you happen to find an item that your parents or grandparents used to own but not anymore, then buy it! Take it home and make them happy. It’s always nice to buy some things that are worth buying, those that can carry a whole lot of memories from you and your family.